Amplify Leads must apply to participate in the program. The online application will be available December 5, 2019, with a January 15, 2020, deadline. Subscribe to the Amplify blog to have the application sent directly to your inbox.
Finalists will be interviewed via Zoom in early February, 2020. Our goal is to notify candidates who have been accepted into the program by Valentine’s Day on February 14, 2020.
Amplify will select 30 diverse women into the inaugural cohort. Our goal is to have broad representation from across D1 with women from all levels and functions of Advancement. The roles and responsibilities for the Amplify Leads are included below in the position description.
Women often feel they must have 100% of the qualifications before they apply for a job. Don’t be this woman. If you are interested, please apply to the Amplify program.
Amplify is not a traditional women’s development program. You will be engaged with the learning process through reflection and action. You will be supported by a community that lives within your organization. You will be amplified.
Amplify Lead Description
- Employed in Advancement at a CASE D1 institution for the duration of the program
- Presentation, facilitation, teaching, or training experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Conversant with gender-related topics and issues
- Recruit and retain 3-6 Amplify group members who represent diverse identities, functional areas, and roles at home institution
- Serve as point-of-contact for Amplify group members, sharing updates, reminders, and other communications as needed
- Participate in pre- and post-meetings with Program Managers to prep for and debrief weekly group meetings
- Schedule and facilitate weekly group meetings, including reserving rooms, creating calendar invites, and managing technology
- Attend required in-person trainings (Amplify Retreat in Boston April 2020)
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise with the program or within the group and update/involve Program Managers as needed
- Ensure Amplify group members complete pre- and post-program evaluations
- Serve as a positive role model for CASE D1, Amplify, and home institution
- Demonstrate high levels of interpersonal competence, cross-cultural sensitivity, and professionalism
Amplify Lead Application
Applications open December 5, 2019. Please subscribe to the Amplify blog to receive a reminder via email.
The application requires short-essay responses of no more than 250 words each. The essay questions are included below. Additional materials include an updated resume.
1. Share your top three reasons for wanting to participate in the Amplify program.
2. Describe the personal characteristics, dimensions of diversity, and/or life experiences that you would bring to the Amplify program.
3. Explain the ways in which you have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion professionally and/or personally.
4. Describe your experience with group facilitation, teaching, training, and/or presenting.
5. Feminist theorist Dr. Marilyn Frye uses a birdcage as a metaphor for oppression with the individual wires representing the barriers women face in the world. She warns against looking microscopically at the individual wires, which on their own may not appear insurmountable. Rather, she encourages women to view them macroscopically, to see how the wires intertwine to create a birdcage, restricting and restraining women’s lives.
- What “wires” have you experienced that relate to gender and other forms of oppression?
- How might Amplify help you to better see and navigate the “birdcage” for yourself and others?